Thursday, August 16, 2007

Liverpool Catch Another Keeper

Liverpool have completed the loan signing of Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi from feeder club MTK.

The teenager had been on trial at Anfield for the past ten days and has done enough to earn himself a one-year loan deal with the option of a two-year deal.

The 17-year-old joins The Reds from the Sandor Karoly Academy, and associate organisation of Liverpool’s feeder club MTK

The youngster is delighted to be given the opportunity to prove his worth with one of Europe’s top clubs.

"I woke up and went to bed day by day with the thought that I have the chance to became a Liverpool player," Gulacsi told Sky Sports.

"My agents informed me that other clubs from Europe and from the Premiership had been watching me but my desire was to come to Liverpool.

"In March, Pepe Reina sent me a pair of his signed keeper gloves and I admit, that time it was only a very secret dream of mine that one day I would train with him.

"Since then it's like I was in a dream world."

taken from goal.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home