Thursday, August 2, 2007

Toni happy with the female support


BERLIN (AFP) - Italian striker Luca Toni says he's enjoying life at Bayern Munich, especially the tradition of allowing fans in to watch the team training.

He said: "The main difference between Germany and Italy is that the training sessions are up to now open to the public. I find that very positive and we should change this tradition in Italy where everything takes place behind closed doors."

"I'm really happy that the female sex turns up for training. it's very good that women are there when we train," Toni, who is dating model Marta Cecchetto, added in an interview with Wednesday's Die Welt newspaper.

The 30-year-old World Cup winner arrived from Serie A side Fiorentina on a 12 million euro deal and he claimed his objective in the Bundesliga was to be liked rather than to be a star.

"I joined Bayern to score goals. At Palermo and Fiorentina I scored goals and they liked me for that."

Since joining Bayern Toni has developed a strong following among teenage girls and referring to this interest in a second interview in the weekly Sport Bild he said: "I do pay attention to my appearance, we Italians never hide that fact: when I arrive in a new city I'll always go first to clothes shops rather than furniture stores."

But Toni, who is temporarily sidelined with a knee injury, denied being self-obsessed with his looks.

"I don't spend more than five minutes a day in front of the bathroom mirror, sometimes not even long enough to shave or comb my hair."

taken from soccernews.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home