Thursday, August 2, 2007

Reina ready for carson battle


Pepe Reina has admitted he is relishing the challenge of battling for the goalkeeping position at Anfield with Scott Carson this season.

Carson is back at the club after a successful loan spell with Charlton Athletic last season and is likely to begin the campaign as number two to the established Reina.

But the Reds' Spanish stopper is well aware of Carson's quality and having already seen off the challenges of both Chris Kirkland and Jerzt Dudek for a regular first team place, he knows he must keep his standards high to stay in the team.

"I think it's a great challenge for me – Scott coming back will mean I have to be even better and that is only better for the team," he says.

"I'm not worried, I know that Scotty will be pushing me hard for a place. He's a great shot stopper, he showed that last season for Charlton, so with the two of us competing for a place it's better for the team."

taken from liverpoolfc.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home