Monday, August 6, 2007

Ballack Responds To Madrid Speculation


Chelsea central midfielder Michael Ballack has rubbished claims that he is set for a move to Real Madrid.

There had been speculation that Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster would swoop for his compatriot in a joint deal along with Arjen Robben.

Ballack failed to make an impression in his first season in the Premiership despite being touted as one of the best players in the world in his position.

Reports suggested that Chelsea would allow Ballack to go, in an attempt to free up funds to enable a bid for Sevilla’s Daniel Alves, but as the world knows, Blues owner Roman Abramovich is not short of cash.

In response to media claims regarding his future, Ballack told the official Chelsea website that he is happy in London.

“I am totally committed to Chelsea. I came here to win trophies and be successful in English football, I want to assure Chelsea fans that,” he said.

“I am very happy in London professionally and for my family. The speculation about me leaving is not true. I have no interest in leaving Chelsea and I have no contact with Real Madrid whatsoever.

“I am frustrated by my injury at the moment but I am working hard to be fit and hope to be back very soon to join my team-mates.”

taken from goal.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home